Charging and electrical systems, particularly on modern cars, are the most intricate and complex systems on your vehicle. It takes highly trained technicians armed with the right equipment to properly diagnose and repair electrical issues on today’s automobiles. Griffis Automotive Clinic, Inc in Groveland has the mechanics and the tools you need to get the job done right.
Batteries were once primarily used for starting a vehicle; as long as your car started, you were in good shape. These days, batteries do a lot more than that. They act as a capacitor, for example, and a bad cell or a weak battery can cause all kinds of electronic malfunctions.
Alternators no longer simply spin and generate power; they too have a more complicated role. Typically, information fed through the ECU and an array of sensors communicate with the alternator, telling it to switch on and off and how much power to provide. A perfectly fine alternator can fail to operate correctly, because of something as simple as a blown capacitor inside the car’s computer.
The bottom line is, in a world of ever increasing complexity concerning your vehicle’s electrical systems, expert mechanics are now a necessity rather than a convenience. We can test, isolate, and repair any issue, big or small; from oil changes to complex wiring issues, your car is in good hands with Griffis Automotive Clinic, Inc in Groveland, FL.
Our battery services include:
- Battery/Starter/Alternator Testing and Diagnostics
- Battery Recharging
- Battery Replacement
- Battery Maintenance (e.g cleaning corrosion)
- Alternator/Starter Replacement
- Alternator Belt
- Ignition Switch
Servicing Your Vehicle’s Electrical System
To diagnose issues with your vehicle’s electrical system, we use specialized equipment to tap into your vehicle’s computer system, and locate the cause of the problem. We’ll also:
- Check your battery, and replace if necessary, to ensure that your vehicle is receiving enough power.
- Check your vehicle’s electrical cable connections, and make adjustments if necessary.
- Perform engine diagnostics, if necessary, for more complex electrical problems and sophisticated vehicle computer systems.
Sometimes, the problem is as simple as a faulty battery. In other cases, the problem is more complex and requires the attention of an experienced automotive technician, like the ones you’ll find here at Griffis Automotive Clinic, Inc in Groveland.
Today’s cars are controlled by computers – from the alternator to the starter, air conditioning system and virtually everything in between. Our technicians will ensure that we find and resolve the problem quickly, so you can get up and running.
Signs of Electrical System Problems
How can you tell if it’s your vehicle’s electrical system or some other component that needs repairs? It can be tricky to pinpoint an electrical problem, but there are some signs you should be on the lookout for:
- Your vehicle won’t start, and when you turn the key, you hear nothing – no grinding or clicking noises.
- Your vehicle is running just fine, but your headlights dim when you’re idling or driving slowly.
- The dashboard or interior lights do not illuminate or are very dim.
If your vehicle’s electrical system needs servicing, talk to our professional mechanics at Griffis Automotive Clinic, Inc who will find and fix the problem quickly, so you can get back on the road.